Today I’m doing a product review on recent purchases from Ulta. Some products worked for me and some did not, so I’ll go over those as well and the reasons why.
So, first up is “The best of the best of the best, sir!”(quote from Men In Black– the kids and I constantly quote movie lines in daily life)
1. Ulta Heated Eyelash Curler $15- This eyelash curler is the bomb! The directions tell you to use it after you have applied your mascara and this detail makes a huge difference. As the curler heats the mascara it smooths over your lashes while curling and lengthening even more. It actually opens up my normally sagging (age happens-face it) eyes! It comes with a heat resistant cap so you can turn it off, cap it, and throw it in your bag and go. It is battery operated and comes with the battery. I was so excited to share this product that I had my friend Tee try it too! She was so impressed we had to stop by Ulta and grab her one. This will continue to be a “can’t live without” staple in my makeup bag.
2. Loreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof Mascara $8.99- I have used Loreal Voluminous Mascara for over 20 years. I also have their Power Volume 24H Waterproof Mascara in my arsenal and could not possibly say enough about this wonderful company! Loreal has always been at the forefront for affordable beauty products and has never disappointed me. My mother-in-law uses the Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara and seeing her lashes made me want to give it a try. Again, L’Oreal did not disappoint! Short of using Latisse, this mascara really thickens and lengthens very well. It’s also a build-able product which lets you add as much drama or go for that natural look and still be able to see eyelashes. Worth a try in my book!
3. Ecotools Eye Perfecting Brush $7.99- I kept seeing this brush turn up on Beauty blogs and decided to try it out for myself. It’s regarded as one of the best blenders for concealer to get in those hard to blend areas. Let me just say that it works great! This brush is another staple that I will have with me from now on. I also use it around my nose creases to conceal the redness and on blemishes. Eco tools makes a smaller version of this brush called their “Concealer” brush but I like the versatility of this size and find it perfect for all my concealing needs.
4. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Come To Bed Red $15- I first saw this shade of red on Gal Meets Glam Blog on Bloglovin and fell in love with the shade. The blog touted that this was the perfect shade of red; not too pink or orange. Soooo true!!!!! I love this red! I have a pink complexion and it still works! I have finally found my perfect red! I encourage y’all to check out Gal Meets Glam here on Bloglovin to see the shade for yourself.
5. Butter London Plush Rush Lipstick in Impulsive $22- I had wanted to purchase my new favorite red in Come To Bed Red but my local Ulta was out of that shade in the Plush Rush Lipstick so I tried a similar shade. Impulsive has a bit more of a coral hue to it but is beautiful and compliments my Come To Bed Red nail polish. This brand of lipstick is my new favorite for several reasons: It stays put, goes on like butter (haha, what a pun), and has a magnetic closure for the top of your lipstick tube. More than any of those is the saturation of pigment. The colors are vibrant and luxurious. You’ll want to find these colors in Benjamin Moore Paint and redecorate your house, their so lovely! Give the Butter London Plush Rush Lipsticks a try, you won’t be sorry. They come in a multitude of shades and hues and are truly worth it.
One’s that did not work for me:
1. Ulta Travel Lash Curler $12- This lash curler is very compact and designed well. For some this curler may work wonderfully. For me it was disappointing in that I didn’t get good results with it curling my lashes. I also asked my friend to try it and it actually pulled some of her lashes out! Therefore, I categorize this curler a dud.
2. Bare Minerals Moxie Lipstick in Chase Your Dreams $18- This Lipstick feels very moisturizing on and makes my lips feel slightly tingly. I believe it would work well for me in another shade. Chase Your Dreams is a Shimmery Pinkish Mauve and Tee loved it so I gave it to her.
That wraps up my Ulta Product Review. Hope this helps your beauty bag! Send me an email on my contact page for posts that y’all would like to see! Give me helpful feedback on how I can make this experience better for you also because it’s therapy for me either way ?
Until next time…